Sunday, June 24, 2012

Anathema - Street Painting


I want to write about two things, first about Anathema, and then about street painting. During the Autoethnography, I realized that I do important things different than before, and I don’t listen to my favorite music to increase my concentration, then to realize the difference, I tried it again, and it worked, all of the Anathema music, make me more concentrated in things that I do, and I love them, as I used to love them 10 years ago. 

Now let’s move to the movie, it movie really amazed me, I have never thought that street painting is this powerful, the images, the depth, popularity. The images were everywhere, nothing has that power, no other instrument is like this, to me it was as strong as TV and advertisements. I loved how most of theme did not seek popularity, and fame, they wanted art for art, for themselves,  this is a pure art, that’s way more enjoyable than when you do it for others, or for money. So I respect Bansky way more than Mr. Brainwash.

But I kind of liked Mr Brainwash too, I don’t want to be too judgmental, so I will write about things that I liked about him. First of all, he had so much passion, I think for success that’s the first and most important thing that you need. His passion for camera was amazing, and the reason too, that’s why he is so attached to it, I always believe that human emotion is a very unique factor of success, it does not work like any other thing, you cannot calculate or measure it, and you can just see the result, which is always amazing, to me Mr. Brainwash had that passion from the beginning, even when he was a child. He was very confident too, although I say he was more passionate, when you are too passionate about something, confident and braveness and … come with it as a combo, none of the other things come with this amazing combo.


He was a perfectionist, the fact that he could not decide which painting on wall till the last minute means that he is too perfectionist, and wants to make the best judgment. This can sometimes harm us, but in this occasion, it didn’t. The fact that he copied everything was again another thing because of his passion, when you are passionate about something; you pay so much attention to every detail of it, that’s what made him a great artist. Although we get bad impression when we hear mimicking, but in reality the first step to learn everything is mimicking, you have to follow others first, then find or make your path. He was a good learner.
,

2 comments:

SiennaE said...

I agree with that part about being a perfectionist! i have this problem where nothing ever seems good enough. So i never really get anything finished and if I have to turn it in I just end up with a mess that I just put together, because I had no more time.

Banksy is super rad haha. I always remembered hearing stories about all the stuff he did, but I never watched this documentary. I do believe Banksy had something going on behind this video.

Awesome music. For me I always listen to music. I can't work in silence. I'd rather work in complete chaos than have no noise at all. It's weird.

Anonymous said...

I think that's true about micmicking because everything is a learning step from your observations.