Sunday, July 1, 2012

Spain, the greatest team of all time

Soccer, Spain, the greatest team of all time?! I believe so...
Xavi the greatest architect of soccer ? I think so..
Most of us when thinking about sports, we think about muscle and power ... but it’s more. Every and each sport is an idea, a brilliance, and mindset. The best players, teams are not the strongest one, but the wisest one, the one who understand the game better than others.
Spain is that team in soccer, they are a great team, the only team who won three great cups in row, but how did they do that?!

People when watching Spanish soccer used to get bored, or used to say its not soccer …  because Spanish team passes the ball a lot, I mean a lot more than any other team in history, they pass like 600 700 times in a game, its crazy, no other team can do that. But why? What is the meaning of that ? what does it do ? Soccer is about concentration, dedication and brilliance, is about the spirit of the team, passes is a symbol, of strength, it makes you more concentrated, a better team, makes you more dedicated, more involved with your team mates, what about the other team !? This is the most important part, they lose their concentration, their confidence, and their determination, they feel like they are being played with, like kids .. this is what so many people who watch Spanish soccer don’t understand, that what is the meaning of this many passes .. but who is the architect of it ?!


They call him the legend of soccer, the architect,  yes, Xavi, both Spain’s composer and director, who started pinging the ball around, connecting the dots surrounding him and coaxing them forward, whenever Italy settled into a spell of possession in the first half, threatening to throw his choir off key.
As always, Xavi had been content to operate in the shadows, doing his work just before the highlight clip would start, having sent the pass that split open the defense but disavowing himself of anything so vulgar as actually finishing off the attack with a goal. He doesn’t score those - he makes them.
His distaste for acknowledging his own genius, as lesser athletes are so quick to, leaves it to others to anoint him the greatest. Even as the creator but not the finisher, the architect but not the ribbon-cutter, the campaign strategist but not the winning politician, he merits acknowledgement as one of the greatest players of all time.


Link of the game 

5 comments:

Louie Allen said...

Interesting Post. Soccer is a great sport. I used to play AYSO as a child/teen throughout all the divisions it was fun. Its def. a team first sport. Anyhow, Spain is the best team once again...BUT I'm flashing back in time... HELL YEAH the year was 2004 - THE EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD "GREECE" - Oh that is my team and that was the greatest summer of all time in soccer Cinderellas. :D hahah

(Kamran)کامران said...

I remember that match, that was a great game by Greece, although this euro you guys played great too.. :))

Aileen Fuentes said...

I've only recently begun to take an interest in Soccer. I've tried playing soccer and ended up embarrassing myself. A few years ago, I attended a match between Barcelona and Manchester U in Rome and let me tell you how much of a big mistake that was. I was on vacay with my husband in Rome and we thought it would be cool to watch the Champions Cup. OMG! People are serious about their teams. The Manchester United fans were absolutely insane. It was crazy out there, I seriously felt like our lives were in jeopardy. I've never seen anything like it.

(Kamran)کامران said...

:D yeah I guess you were in the wrong place ... but if they win, you will never forget it either ...

Anonymous said...

OMG! I love this post! talking about soccer gets me really excited!
I am not an obsessive huge fan of any team, but I am definitely a fan of game, and you are right about a team and their wisdom-not strength. All players/teams have strength, but its their coordination, their inner connection as a team and wisdom.

I can't wait for World Cup!